Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 19: God will keep me safe


He will surely give me shelter in the day of danger; he will hide me in his home; he will place me on an inaccessible rocky summit. Now I will triumph over my enemies who surround me! I will offer sacrifices in his dwelling place and shout for joy! I will sing praises to the Lord.  (Psalm 27:5,6  NET)

God does not promise to eliminate danger from our lives, but He does promise to shelter us from its effects, and make it so that our enemies cannot permanently hurt or destroy us. He doesn’t promise to eliminate our enemies so that we will never be surrounded by them, but He does promise to give us triumph over them, and promises that we will be able to shout and sing for joy at God’s deliverance and protection.

Enemies shape us into the people that God wants us to be. Who would David have been without Goliath? Who would Ester and Mordechai be without Haman… Moses without Pharaoh, Elijah without Jezebel, or Gideon without the Midianites? Our enemies drive us to revolt, to test our faith, and force us to deepen our dependence on God. Problems make us pray, fast, and read the Bible. Dangerous situations cause us to go to Church more frequently, and to ensure that we are saved. Jesus even said that the Father’s discipline is a sign that we are a real sons/daughters.

I want to challenge you right now to determine that you are going to triumph in a big way over the current danger or problem that you are facing. No matter how big or small it is, God is with you if you believe in Him, and that there is nothing that the devil and his demons can do to you as long as you live out your faith in Him.

Let the confidence expressed so completely in this Psalm fill your mind and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment